Leaky Gut Symptoms caused by Glyphosate and other Environmental Toxins?
Could your Leaky Gut Symptoms be caused by Glyphosate? Glyphosate is classified as an environmental toxin. It is also an ingredient in the weed killer Roundup. Glyphosate is used worldwide as a weed killer and has been under study for claims that it is a factor in cancer, Celiac disease, IBS, Crohn’s, depression, obesity, reproductive problems and dementia. The weed killer, glyphosate has been associated with disruption of the gut biome and the killing of beneficial or good bacteria. Studies in rats showed changes in the DNA and that affected the metabolism and methylation of their cells, production of proteins, replication of DNA and how they act on the cells of our body. Because of the permanent chemical changes in the DNA, these defects also called mutations will be passed down from parent to sibling and will still be present 2-3+ generations later without them ever being exposed to the chemical glyphosate.
Identifying our body’s burden of 11 commonly found compounds around us plus total heavy metals in our blood is very important. With diseases like chronic IBS, Chron’s, Celiac, SIBO and Leaky Gut Syndrome they can cause increased intestinal permeability. These toxic chemicals can cause autoimmune responses and these responses can be measured. Once the immune responses are identified then a special heavy metal 30 day Detox program is started to release these organic compounds that are bound to our tissues and promote liver detoxification of both Phase 1 and Phase 2 for excretion of these toxic compounds.
What to do once we have decreased our Toxic Burden? In decreasing our body’s burden of heavy metals and toxins then we want to modify the chemicals we use and that are in our diet, home and work environment so we do not reabsorb these organic toxic chemicals.
While we cannot change our genes very easily or cheaply, we can hope to change their expression in our bodies while doing the things we can control such as:
- Eliminating any food allergens through Food Allergy testing, then repairing the gut and re-introducing a healthy gut bacterial environment.
- Also test and eliminate any Candida or yeast overgrowth in the gut due to a disrupted biome.
- By buying, growing and eating foods free of pesticides, hormones and genetically modified DNA, called GMO foods.
Other Sources of clean products are:
- Laundry detergent by” Nature Clean Powered Laundry detergent.”
- Soap: Nature Clean Liquid Hand Soap and Castile soap unscented.
- Dish washing Soap: Automatic-Nature Clean Dish Detergent: Fragrance Free
- Granny’s Old-Fashioned Products for Rich and Radiant Shampoo.
- Make-up: Bellaphoria, Simplicity Cosmetics, Beauty Wise, ZuZu brands.
- Lotions: Jojoba oil, sweet Almond oil and Olive oil. Please use according to your food allergy results.
- Deodorant: No antiperspirants. Deodorant Rock.
- Clean house, shower and mold with 3 cups Hydrogen peroxide and one cup of vinegar. Spray surfaces leave on for 10 minutes and scrub clean.