What is Leaky Gut Syndrome?
Our gut is often considered to be the foundation stone for our good health. If your gut is in a healthy state, then there is a pretty strong chance that your overall health and well being is also pretty good! However, if you are suffering from the condition known as ‘leaky gut’, then it can expose you to a wide variety of health concerns.
What is a Leaky Gut?
In order to properly absorb nutrients, the gut has to be permeable to small molecules. However, some people find that factors such as infections, stress, toxins, food allergies and even age can cause some of the lining of the intestines to break down which can allow undigested food, toxins and microbes among other things to leak out of the gut and into your bloodstream.
What Causes Leaky Gut?
The biggest causes of leaky gut are foods, toxins and infections. In terms of food gluten, dairy and excessive sugar or alcohol are the biggest culprits. Some infections, toxins found in some medications and in pesticides, stress and age can also cause leaky gut.
Signs That You May Have Leaky Gut
If you have noticed any of the following then it could mean that you are suffering from leaky gut :
- Digestive Issues (gas, bloating, ibs, diarrhea etc.).
- Seasonal allergies like hay fever and/or asthma.
- Hormone Imbalance Such as PCOS.
- Autoimmune Disorders like lupus, celiacs disease or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Chronic fatigue and/or fibromyalgia.
- Mood Disorders, Depression and/or Anxiety
- Skin Conditions including Acne, Rosacea and Eczema
- Food Allergies or Intolerances.
The Doctors at Natural Hormone Replacement Clinics of Colorado are trained and board Certified in Anti-Aging and regenerated Medicine, For more information on this and other topics, please take a look around our website or drop us an email at email@example.com to send us your questions.