Testosterone, like all hormones, declines as we age. This starts to happen from about the age of 30 onward, but it is usually a very gradually process. However, sometimes the process happens much more quickly and some side effects can emerge.
The Symptoms of Low Testosterone
There are many different symptoms which could be an indication that you are suffering from low testosterone. Some of the most common side effects are as follows :
- Low Sex Drive – many men just dismiss a lack of sex drive as a fact of getting older. However, it might not be, you could simply have low testosterone levels.
- Erectile Dysfunction – Testosterone has a big role to play in sex drive and in maintaining an erection, so erectile dysfunction could be a clear indicator of a testosterone deficiency.
- Hair Loss – Hair production is one of many functions that testosterone is involved in, so low testosterone levels can trigger hair loss.
- Fatigue and Low Energy – One of the symptoms of reduced testosterone is a lack of energy.
- Reduced Muscle Mass – Testosterone has an important part to play in building and strengthening muscles. This means that a deficiency in the hormone can result in a decline in muscle mass.
- Weight Gain – When men are lacking in testosterone, they are more prone to weight gain and may develop ‘breasts’ in some cases.
- Mood Swings – Everyone has heard of women becoming inexplicably moody during the menopause, well Low Testosterone can have a similar effect on men.
Treating Low Testosterone With Hormone Therapy
Low levels of testosterone, or Low T, can be identified with the help of hormone imbalance testing. Once it has been identified there are various treatments that are available. One of the treatments that you will want to look into is hormone replacement therapy which can help to replace the depleted testosterone with bio-identical hormones to help restore the balance of your hormones.
Call us today on 303 460-0867 to arrange an appointment for your free consultation where we can discuss low testosterone and arrange hormone imbalance testing.